Monday, August 22, 2011

In and out of the closet

We have these big heavy wooden doors on some of the closets that hang from runners above.  That's all that holds them.  Humans slide them, one goes behind the other but I can't slide them unless someone leaves a crack big enough for me to get my paws in.  I learned a long time ago that if I sit beside a regular door, turn my paw upside down under the door and pull that sometimes I can open a door.  Other doors I have to push with my head and shoulder.  Other doors are a problem because they latch but I give them my best shot.  From trial and error, I learned how to get in the closets with the big sliding doors.  I start pulling on the one in front and I push on the one behind, this is done in the middle, the big banging noise is fun to make.  As soon as there is a space big enough I wedge my head and shoulders in real fast, it hurts when they try to bang back together but I don't let that stop me.  Once my head and shoulders are in, I just squeeze on in and I'm in the closet!  I have to repeat the process to get out and sometimes that can be a problem because there is limited space in there.  It makes a lot of noise and I only like to do it at night when it's dark...........that's when I get in trouble because it sounds like someone is breaking in and would wake the dead.  If I get in without waking anyone, I sometimes take a nap or just snoop.  Then, I try to get out and run so I can pretend I didn't have a thing to do with making that noise.  To help me pass the time when I'm modeling I think of all the things I want to do and make plans, that helps me be still and hold the pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment